04 April, 2011

Flatlands - Finis

It's time to go home again.  I still have one more thing to look forward to: in Seattle I get to see three of my sisters.  Yay!  We got to the airport in plenty of time, but forgot that the homemade barbecue sauce was still in a carry-on instead of packed safely in one of the checked bags.  Almost had to throw it away, but instead paid to check the bag - which I enjoyed, since then I didn't have to lug it around at the next two stops.  Our flight was delayed due to weather in Denver - snow and wind, causing ice buildup on the runways and planes.  Doesn't Mother Nature know it's APRIL, and we're much farther south than normal??  It should be warmer by now!!
I was worried that we'd miss our connecting flight, or that there would be enough delay that we wouldn't be able to see my sisters, but it ended up working out just fine.  The Denver plane had already boarded and we were the last to embark, but we made it and it left close to on time.  The girls met us just outside of security and we visited for as long as we could before heading back through the check points to make the last leg of the flight.
We've been home a day, I've still got my sunburn (from Saturday's lovely day), and now it's snowing.  I know, I know.  In Alaska, we can expect snow through April, and sometimes in May or June.  But it's such a let down.  After seeing the almost-blooms and watching the Flatlands green up, I want to be much closer to the growing season than we are right now.  Patience is not my strong suit.  At least I have all the delightful memories from our trip to distract me...

No comments: