07 May, 2011

Let's Amble!

Every summer I try to do as many of the charity walks as I can.  Mostly because it's an extra incentive to get in some exercise.  I've already missed three, but made an extra effort to get to the Amblin' for Alzheimer's walk.  Not because it's an issue that's near and dear to me - just because I like the venue (Kincaid Park is very pretty), and I enjoy the folks that I've walked with for the past few years.  It helps that the weather was absolutely gorgeous!
In celebration of completing a four mile walk, I promptly went to the store for a doughnut, had way too much food for dinner, and topped off the night with a brownie for dessert.  I mean, I deserve all that right?  I burned up lots and lots of calories walking for charity - that's got to count for extra calories, right?  I think I'll wait a while before I brave the bathroom scale.  Maybe I'll get a bike ride in first...
The weather was beautiful.  Leaves still aren't out on the trees, but I'm sure I'll wake up one morning to find they've all popped out over night.  There was enough sun (and exercise) that I was sweating up a storm, but enough breeze that I wasn't miserable.  And I found an amusing sign.  We don't have many people brave enough to surf the frigid waters around Anchorage, and what waves we get are minuscule compared to Hawaii or California, but apparently Kincaid Park has another draw...

No comments: