05 March, 2010

Remodel Update - Walls!

When I got home from the gym tonight, Greg was industriously working away on the house.  More progress - yay!

I'm excited to see the progress, even though we've got a long way to go yet.  There's just something about having sheetrock on the walls that makes me feel warm and fuzzy right now.  =)

As I was handing Greg the drill, he mentioned that he was probably spacing the screws closer together than he needed to.  I asked him why - since to me, that means more mudding and texturing to hide the screws when we're (read that: he's) doing the finish-work.  He said something about doing it the right way and screwing it down so he could make the wall straight (since ours are apparently crooked?).  I think it's really that he likes using power tools.  =)
The extent of my help with this part was to hand Greg the drill and some screws, steady the sheetrock if he needed it, and vacuum up the dust.  Oh!  And I made microwave nachos for us for dinner.  Hopefully we'll make good progress this weekend...  but Saturday night is reserved for ROLLER DERBY - yeah!!

No comments: