14 July, 2009

Flower Power


My flowers have been planted for just about six weeks now... it's time to see what growing they've done. Pictures of the beginning - at least, when I planted them - are here. I'm always impatient - and this year is no exception. I didn't think the trailing petunia basket (supertunias) had done very much until the last week or so (when the double ruffles started to bloom). Turns out they've all practically exploded - which I can see when I compare the pictures. I think my favorite basket this year is the petunia basket. I love the colors and that it's so full of blossoms.
Petunia basket

Deck basket

Supertunia basket

I'm also pleased with the riot of colors in the front bed. So far, I haven't had to worry about any of the back flowers growing tall, falling over, and squashing the flowers in front. I'm going to have to figure out what I put in here, so I can try it again next year...
Front bed

There's one plant (in the deck basket and the front bed) - the Sunny Sheila - that still hasn't bloomed. I thought I must've bought a plastic plant, except that now there are buds (there weren't even buds a couple weeks ago) and it looks like one of them is going to open soon. I check it every day to see the progress. =)

No comments: