28 July, 2009

Budz Cut

There must have been a windstorm in Anchorage the weekend we went to King Mountain. When we got home, one of my flower pots (the petunias) was at the base of the stairs leading up to the deck. The pot is split down one side - looks like I'll be getting a new one next spring. Poor flowers were mangled...

In deciding what to do, I figured I had three options. 1) Leave them alone and see how they fare for the rest of the summer. 2) Throw them away. 3) Trim the stems down to see what the roots can do to recover.

I chose option 3 - mostly because I didn't want to throw them away, and I didn't figure all the bent & broken stems would be able to recover.

I'm sure they won't be able to recover to where they were before the fall, but hopefully there's enough time for them to start blooming again...

No comments: