09 January, 2009

Heading Home - Day Two (01/06)

For the last bit of our vacation, we arranged a long layover in Seattle so we could visit some friends. Holly met us at the airport with Zane, who's grown immensely since the last time we saw them (see post here). We went back to the house to collect everyone, including Stephanie, whom I haven't seen in positively *ages*! Our second trip to an Olive Garden, where I gorged on bread sticks & salad. I really do wish we'd get one here... and it really was like I was with family! =)

After lunch, we went back to the house to visit some before hooking up with Sheri & Jeannea for dinner. No sight seeing or rushing around, just spending time with old friends that I haven't seen for way too long. I really do wish we were closer - or that it wasn't so expensive to get Outside to visit people. An afternoon every few years doesn't really give me the time I'd like to spend with mis amigas. But I suppose it's better than nothing (especially since I don't write or call like I should).
The Girls

The Boys

Thanks to Jeannea's help, we made it to the restaurant (I forget the name, but was excited because I could throw peanut shells on the floor - yay!). We were actually on the right road, but just a bit confused.

And now we're home. The fun is just about over - I took the rest of the week off work so I could recuperate and get housework done, but I'm also fighting off the cold that Greg passed to me. I avoided it the whole trip, only to succumb when we get home. I have to say that it's good to be home in some ways: my own king-size bed, the cats; but in other ways, I'm not at all happy: it's been below zero for quite a while now. It looks like it might start warming up - at least to above zero during the daytime - but I'm really not a fan of the cold. =( Oh well. I have a heating blanket, and the cats help keep me warm (oh, and the hubby too!)...

No comments: