08 December, 2008

Thanksgiving

I haven't had much enthusiasm recently for sitting in the office. I'd much rather sit on the couch and multi-task - like watch TV and do a puzzle. I begged and hounded, and Greg finally caved and set us up with a wireless internet connection. Now I can blog and sit on the couch... how cool is that?!? =) Because I've been avoiding the office, that means that I'm behind on my posts. I'll work on getting caught up over the next week or so.

We had a very lovely Thanksgiving. One of the nicest in recent memory. Friends and family getting together to eat and play games. And as extra icing on the cake: Jeannea finished in King Cove in time to spend Turkey Day and the following weekend with us. =)

We all decided to order meals this year, instead of having people slave over the stoves and have to get up super early so the food's ready. It was great! I got out of bed at 10am and we watched the Macy's parade. Then we took showers and headed over to the gathering hole. The food was great, and it was nice to sit and visit instead of working like mad to eat, then spending a bunch of time cleaning up before you can do anything fun. Todd & Anita hosted this year - there's talk that we may just move the party around year-to-year, so everyone gets lots of chances to relax.

After the eating, we checked out Black Friday sales and then played games. It was such a truly lovely day. I'm thankful for friends and family - and especially this group of friends that is just like family. I'm thankful I have my health, and that those that I love are relatively healthy. I'm thankful for Greg - he makes me crazy sometimes, but he also puts up with me and supports me in my efforts (whatever they are). I'm thankful for all the little freedoms that I take for granted on a daily basis - voting; bitching about politics; wasting food; squandering money on hoo-haws when I want to; a house over my head and food in the pantry. I am extremely blessed.

May the joys of the holiday season be yours, and the blessings of love and family abound.

No comments: