15 September, 2008

It's Vary Personnel

I found the following placard displayed at a public event with lots of foot traffic. (Okay, it was at the Alaska State Fair in the photography section.) I'm willing to dismiss, or at least try to ignore, the grammar issues but the spelling, capitalization, and excessive punctuation make me cringe. Even when I try to give credit for the poem-like stanzas, I find that it makes me crazy. I suppose that most of the words are actually spelled correctly - just not the proper usage.

Note: I took a picture of the original sign, then cropped it to remove personal (not personnel) information. Since he was featured, I would have to assume that he's got better photography skills than spelling & grammar. Makes me kind of grateful for my high school English teacher...

No comments: