14 May, 2007

Vacation - Day Three

It's been a good day today! M re-certified for her Advanced Cardiac Life Support this morning - everything went well. She's working on a presentation for tomorrow morning - which means she missed out on her celebratory dinner. We'll have to do it another time, and chalk tonight's dinner up to a good visit with family. Papers are all signed, recording happens tomorrow, then we can start moving in (provided we have boxes...). Wahoo!!
HomeOwner M
Cool Flora @ the Title Company

Dinner was nice - it's been a long time since I've had a chance to visit with Auntie Di. Added bonuses were Chad, Angie, Tasha, & baby Abby. I picked the place - since my only criteria was somewhere that's *not* in AK, that left lots of options. I picked Iggy's because the name was interesting. Turns out Iggy's is a Sports Bar/Grill with *great* fries - and the rest of the food is good too. =) It was fantastic to visit with everyone - and I'm relieved to know I'll get to see them some more before I go. It makes my heart glad - the visit, and knowing I'll get more chances to visit. I really do need to be better at keeping in touch with people - more than just the few times I get down to visit.
It's been a long time since I've been to visit. I did come down last April, but that was a quick trip and I only had time to see immediate family. I'm enjoying the chance to visit with extended family this time. There's comfort in the familiarity - things change some, but not so much. And there are exciting developments: welcome to the family Abby!! And look at Auntie Di's *hot* new (to me) car!! =)
On tap for tomorrow: run to Dan's @ 0'dark thirty (6am - I think) to get boxes, nap, shower, pack boxes, lunch with Jenny, more packing, and (after we're sure the recording is done) some actual moving. Busy, busy!!

No comments: